Here are some tips for organising your home and storage spaces in January
- Start by decluttering a room at a time, getting rid of any items you no longer need or use. This will help you make more room for the things you do need and use. You can dispose of your items by taking to your local recycling facilities or donate to charity.
- Use storage containers or cubes to keep similar items together making them easier to find when you need. Use boxes, baskets, hampers or any container that works in your home.
3. Label your containers - using labels, tags or markers allows you to know what’s inside without having to open them.
4. Utilise your vertical space - Using shelves, racks, radiator covers or taller shelf units allow you to take advantage of height in any room without taking too much floor space.
5. Make use of underutilised space such as under the bed, inside wardrobes or cupboards, and loft space for items you don’t use or need access to often.
6. Using transparent or open storage - This way you can see exactly what’s inside without having to open or check.
We hope these tips are helpful and can help you keep a more organised home.
Let us know your organisation tips in the comments below.